Alpha 0.6 update is released on Steam. Here is what is new in this update:
♡ Piano (dating activity)
This is the main new feature of alpha 0.6 update. One of classrooms on the school’s first floor is redesigned into music club room. You can use a piano there to play (or attempt to play) various music pieces with your girlfriend.
If you date a real girl, you’ll have to play four hands piano compositions on 16 keys (8 for you and 8 for your girlfriend). Your girlfriend’s skill will depend on whether she has “music” as one of her interests (this can be checked in the new girlfriend’s status window). Your own skills will depend on you. The final score will be a combined result of how good both you and your girl performed.
Every music piece in this mode has the main player (sitting on the right), and accompanying player (sitting on the left) playing keys with lower octaves. Playing on the left side of the piano keyboard is much easier, and this can be used as a dating strategy: if you know your girlfriend is good at music, you can let her be the main player and get good score. On the other hand, if she is not good at piano, you can let her sit on the left and perform more difficult parts by yourself.
If you date a pillow, you’ll have to play simplified versions of the same compositions on 8 keys (keys in this mode are the same for both left and right chair), and your score will depend solely on your own skills.
Thus far there are four compositions with varying difficulty you can perform, with “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” being the most easy (5 relationship points at 100% accuracy), and Beethoven’s “Für Elise” being the hardest (20 points at 100% accuracy). More compositions will be added later.
☆ New girlfriend’s status screen
Toolbar with action buttons in the bottom right corner is redesigned. “rotating arrow” button is removed. Clicking on [i] action button now opens a new girlfriend’s status screen showing her personality details and feelings. Girlfriend’s inventory is accessed from this new status screen.
In dakimakura dating mode in the status screen you can rotate your pillow using right mouse button. Dropping pillow is done by clicking on [x] button which will appear instead of [phone] button in the actions toolbar (or by pressing “E” keyboard key, as before).
Crawling mode is enabled by pressing any direction key while sitting on the ground. Switching from crawling mode back to sitting is done by clicking on “sit” button (or pressing “space” key).
☆ New food and recipes
- Dashi and tofu ingredients (used for cooking).
- Kake udon, kitsune udon, kake soba, kitsune soba.
☆ New clothes and accessories
- White tennis shoes with red stripes (Fashion Store).
☆ Improved item zoom
- Rotations for figurines and other collectible items are now done around their geometry center instead of bottom.
- All racks with “item zoom” feature are now marked by small “zoom” signs.
- On-screen arrows in “item zoom” mode for item rotation are removed as redundant (rotation is done by mouse).
- Removed unnecessary action triggers from items with zoom (minor bug).
☆ Other additions and improvements
- Score in the pocky/kissing mini-game now shows actual relationship points gained, instead of amount of caught hearts.
- Better weight painting for shorts, ponytail and twin tails hairstyles.
- “Relationship level required” notification windows are replaced with regular item description windows with the same message. Minimum relationship levels for undressing your girlfriend are decreased.
- “space” keyboard key now can be used as a shortcut for “sit” button.
- Floating icons marking interaction points (date spots, table, bed) now disappear on approaching.
- Apartment dinner now can be started both from standing and sitting positions.
- Various small improvements to controls, UI, and girlfriend’s AI.
- Fixed the bug with getting stuck between school gates and signboard.
- Prices for hairstyles are decreased.
- “Kissing mood” now is triggered only if you reach 15 points (instead of 10), since it’s supposed to be a special event rather than one inevitably happening after every dating activity.
- Music for the kissing/pocky mini-game is replaced with “Cataclysmic Molten Core”.
All translations are updated according to their current status in the wiki.