1. Yandere Simulator collectible items
- Mini-figurines of Ayano Aishi, Kokona Haruka, Oka Ruto, Osana Najimi, Midori Gurin;
- Yandere Simulator t-shirts (4 designs).
All these items can be obtained from two new Yandere Simulator UFO catchers. After obtaining a mini-figurine, you can place it on a rack in your apartment. By clicking on an item on a rack, you can examine it in detail.
Note: “Yandere Simulator” is copyrighted by Yandere Dev ( http://yanderesimulator.com ). All “Yandere Simulator” characters and images are used with official permission by Yandere Dev.
2. New UFO Catchers physics and designs
All mechanics for UFO Catchers were redone. Now they have more accurate physics and collisions, a new system for detecting won prizes. In addition to “catching balls” type, now there is also another UFO catcher type, where you’ll have to push boxes from racks.
3. Item zoom feature
After placing an item on a rack in your apartment, you can click on it (in 3D space, not in your inventory) and go to a new mode where you can rotate item to see all details.
4. A new clothes store (WIP) where you can buy clothes for you and your girlfriend. New clothes:
- School sailor fuku (long and short sleeves)
- School bloomers for PE (red and blue)
- 6 new sandals
- Cotton tights (18 colors)
- School dress (4 designs, with black and white aprons)
- School bows (4 designs, white and brown)
- Tops (8 designs) – in a new gachapon machine
- Android Girl ears (cosplay accessory)
5. New items in the convenience store
- Food: Octopus, Squid, Crab, Leek, Scallions, Ramen Noodles, Udon Noodles, Soba Noodles, Flour, Pork, Chicken
- Umbrellas (5 designs)
6. New recipes for cooking
- Octopus Sushi, Squid Sushi, Crab Sushi;
- Pepper Tempura, Onion Tempura, Shiitake Tempura, Salmon Tempura, Tuna Tempura, Yellowtail Tempura, Shrimp Tempura, Takoyaki, Squid Tempura, Crab Tempura;
- Chicken Ramen, Pork Ramen
Note: to cook tempura, use a frying pan, add a basic ingredient (e.g., shrimps for shrimp tempura), flour, eggs, and oil. Cook for 5 minutes.
7. Additional objects in the school area: desks in all classrooms on the first floor, air conditioners in shops, a new shop entrance (WIP) next to “taiyaki shop”, redesign of the area behind the school (across the street).
8. Item description in shops on click.
9. Keyboard shortcuts: “E” key can be used instead of clicking on “action” icon on screen, “Q” can be used for quick access of camera in your in-game smartphone.
10. New custom shaders for all trees and plants. This (hopefully) solves issues with overlaying semi-transaparent objects (windows, umbrellas, etc.), atmosphere effects, smartphone camera issues.
11. Fixed bugs:
- the pocky game now can be started if you OR your girlfriend have pocky in hands (in alpha 0.1 it worked only if you had it in your hands). This isn’t really a fixed bug, just an improvement to game mechanics
- black screen when using smartphone camera (please report if you still encounter this)
- a few minor errors in title menu/inventory navigation
- collision issue when you approached a railing corner in the gym second floor
- a few camera transition issues when it was switching between different modes
- numerous minor issues with various textures and sprites
- a typo on the plates near the school gates
- error with price calculation in the squirrel exchange service
- several issues with body blendshapes and clipping clothes
- navigation map errors that occasionally would cause gf to get stuck near the entrance door in the apratment
12. Updated translations
All translations are updated according to their current status in the game wiki as of Sep 22. If you want to help translating the game into one of supported languages, please visit http://wiki.shoujocity.com
Will you add skin tones and more customization options later for ‘your’ character/the protagonist?
Just downloaded the new version! Everything’s fine, but I have a question: how do you zoom in or zoom out? I accidentally zoomed in and now I can’t zoom back out.
By using mouse scroll.
Ohh, but the thing is, I don’t use a mouse…
Well, since you somehow managed to zoom accidentally, there apparently is some option on whatever device you are using which works the same as mouse scroll. Alternatively, you can get a mouse. This game was designed for mouse controls, so it will difficult to play without it.
Another thing is that I ran into a glitch twice at home when trying to leave. It made me get a little stuck and see this: https://imgur.com/PIWN2Sf
I know about this. Sometimes when you walk in small rooms camera can’t find a proper position and goes through a wall. I’ll work on fixing this.
Ahh, sorry for writing so many comments. Anyways, for some reason, I have been unable to play the Pocky game. I have done it three times before, but this time when she went into kiss mode, even after 5 tries I could not start the Pocky game when I gave my girlfriend the box. She just ate them and ended up calling me a baka.
Did you get any message while clicking on the girl to start the pocky game? If you stand too close to a wall your character will say “I can’t do that here.” You should go to a different place. If that wasn’t the reason then there must be a bug of some kind.
Hmm, yeah, I think I got the message a few times. I’ll try that next time, thanks! I’m not sure if it’s a bug. And also, sometimes without Pocky I can also play the game when she’s in kiss mode, for some reason…
You can kiss without pocky after your relationship level (“score” in the girlfriend’s status window) is above 50.
The last question of the day, I swear: when will the game end? I’ve gotten to day 11 (what a miracle) now.
There is no game end in the 3D version. At some point in the future there probably will be a story mode which will run for a limited amount of days. But right now it’s kind of sandbox gameplay without any final goal to achieve.
Okay, that’s cool! I guess the end would be when I run out of money and can’t catch squirrels, haha.
I have a few questions. 1. Is there going to be an easier way to navigate without having to drag your mouse each time? 2. Is there going to be more girlfriend customization, like creating your own.
1. You can set the camera to auto-rotate by going to settings (in your in-game smartphone) and changing “controls” to “rotate”. But it also changes how you rotate your character.
2. Yes, there will be more character customization options in the future.
Also, I looked all over for the shrimp, and I cannot find it.
Shrimps are sold in the convenience store. The section with title “fish”. You can click on items and check their description.
Will there be NPCs *pedestrians,drivers,ordinary people,etc* in the game?
Also will you add extra details? *like making extra stuff in the shop so that it wont look empty in the store or other places*
Of course. I’m adding details all the time. Right now everything is empty because it’s an early alpha for demonstrating basic game ideas.
I got another question.
Is the player able to customize the bedroom?
Can the gf get in your bedroom?
In the future you’ll be able to put wall posters in your room and blinds on windows. Maybe there will be other options.
I’m not sure if I understand question #2. Girlfriend follows you everywhere, including your apartment room.
Again another question…
Can you please make the story so cute, different and much more unique than the 2D version.
Does the gf have some voice acting?
Story is something very distant for the time being, so I can’t say much about it. Right now I work solely on implementing core gameplay mechanics, adding more locations, interior details, etc.
Voice acting is impossible due to the nature of the game, I’m afraid. In a traditional visual novel there is a complete script for all dialogues, and once it’s finalised, it can be voiced. In this game dialogues for dating scenes can be expanded infinitely by adding new conversation topics, and most probably they will be edited and expanded for as long as this game exists. Recording new voice acting every day to keep up with constantly expanding and changing dialogue texts would be just not feasible.
Ok, I Cant Cook Shrimp Tempura…. Its Because I Follow All Of The Steps Above On The Post, It turns into burnt food and the girl gets angry…..
I double checked everything right now and iit works fine. Frying pan + flour + oil + shrimps. Eggs are optional (10% to quality).
Will it be for android?
Nobody Knows Yet, The Dev May Be working On It.
Will this game be for android plz
Will we be able to have different skin tones on our character in the future?
How do you get more Yen?
By catching squirrels walking around the school and selling them in the convenience store. In the future there will be other ways to earn money.
I downloaded the newest version but it constantly crashes. Sometimes before I even hit the menu screen. I use a HP windows laptop but I don’t think my computer is the issue since I can play games like Aura Kingdom on it perfectly. Though I could be wrong. Any advice?
Did the previous (alpha 0.1) version crash as well? If you didn’t play it, here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5yysrilryyfn32m/sc3d-win-alpha-01.zip
Please let me know if alpha 0.1 works for you – it’s important for understanding how to fix the crashing issue.
I had the same problem, with both Alpha 0.1 AND Alpha 0.2. Is there something I’m not doing right? Please help!
No idea, sorry. If a character in the game gets stuck in textures or something like that, it’s my error that I can fix. But if a game crashes on some PCs and works on others, most probably the issue is related to the Unity engine itself and incompatibility with some rare hardware/software configuration, and not my game specifically. There isn’t much I can do about it apart from hoping that future versions of Unity will be more stable and produce less crashes.
I have a few questions (I have not played the 2D version btw so if answers to these are there I am sorry)
1. Are you going to be able to date more than one girl?
2. Will you be able to date guys?
3. How is the school going to affect gameplay?
4. Will your lover always follow you around?
5. Is the gift giving system going to be more complex, say maybe you have to talk to them to find out what they like besides them just asking you?
This game looks very interesting and I am curious to see what it will be like in the future.
1. In the current mode (sandbox) – no. If and when “story mode” is implemented, it will work more like a traditional visual novel, where you arrive to school, get to meet a few different girls and can date them, arriving to one of “route” endings after a set amount of days. But “story mode” is a very distant goal for the time being.
2. No. The game is called “Shoujo City” because it’s all about interactions with beautiful girls.
3. In the future there will be NPCs and various activities related to school. There will be at least a few NPCs schoolgirls walking around and in classes who will give you missions to complete. Everything is in development and most probably it will take long time as yet to finish the school area.
i love you all ;3
My name is JenellaLim and Love u
I tried looking for shrimp but the only things I found in the fish isle were Salmon, Tuna, Yellow Fish, Tiger Prawns, Squid, Octopus and Crab but no shrimp .
Tiger prawns are “shrimps”. I probably should rename them to avoid confusion.
You have translators for Thai language now?
Two people have asked to join the wiki thus far to translate into Thai language. If you want to join too, please send me an email and you’ll get a wiki account. New texts are added all the time, so the more more people work together on translations the better.
This my Email : email@example.com
Thank you. I sent you an email.
I can’t get in every time I try it says enter a name of at least three characters. But I have been, so am I just doing it wrong?
Perhaps. Do you get a message on the screen where you create your character, or the screen after that (with girl holding a heart)? You have to input two names: for you and for girlfriend.
Oh didn’t see the name entry box. Thanks!
wWll have talking sound in future? if it had what language sound?
Do you mean voices? No, there won’t be. It’s impossible due to the sandbox nature of the game. All dialogues can be expanded almost infinitely, and there never will be a stage when all game texts are finished and set in stone. Attempting to record voices for dialogues which are changed and expanded every day would be just not feasible.
Maybe once the game gets a bit deeper into development (like a long time from now, maybe then you could consider voices? plus you can wait to do voicing until the dialouge is for sure at perfection!”
To be honest i love the game to death but i would love to see more customization and the ability to choose what your gf looks like as well, plus better controls (the controls are VERY messy tbh) and more hair and eye colors and hairstyles (sorry i LOVE games that i can customize my characters in but i love it most when they have a large variety of things to choose from) plus a easier way to earn money! But i love the game overall!!! You’re doing really great! also maybe you could find a way to make it so that we can make our own custom clothing as well!
Can you please provide more details on how controls must be improved? “WASD” for character movement + mouse to rotate camera is a standard setup used in thousands of other 3rd person games. I’m not really sure how else they could be set up?
I think it would be better if you could simply see through the eyes of the girl you are playing as. I know you said before that you don’t want to do that, but it really would make things much easier for some of us, I must say.
When I want to cook Pork Ramen I get the Pork and Ramen, cook it for 6 minutes, BUT than I got Chicken Ramen. Magic! When I want to cook Chicken Ramen I get Chicken and Ramen, cook it for 6 minutes and I got Pork Ramen! Seriously? 😀 Black magic!!
Indeed. I checked it now, and the recipes are wrong. Will fix it in next release, thanks.
No problem. I want to ask next question… would you do a czech translation? I know some people who would play it in my country, but don’t understand some phrases (even I don’t know sometimes something)
All translations are done by contributors, so availability of different languages depend solely on whether there are people willing to translate game texts. We don’t have any translators for Czech language. If you want to contribute a translation for that language, feel free to send me an email.
How Do We Get Enough Yen If There Is Only 3 Squirrels? Is There Any Other Place To Find Them?
They will respawn next day. Maximum amount of money to get per day is supposed to be limited.
How can I make chicken Ramen?
Cooking pot + ramen noodles + meat. There is an error in the recipes so you’ll have to use pork instead of chicken to cook chicken ramen. This will be fixed in alpha 0.3
I see the midori figure rare, because I’ve been trying to get it for about 30mins and I can’t get it, also can you make the grabbing thing able to pick up the balls
The chances are the same for all figurines. The UFO catcher with balls work fine as far as I know. If you can’t get a ball, it just means you didn’t place the crane correctly above one, I think.