Version 1.0 of the game is released on Steam and Google Play. Free version for Windows and MacOS is also updated. Some new content for iOS version will be released later, but due to the way the App Store censored it, it’s impossible to release the story mode on iOS, so it will remain sandbox-only game.
Here is what is new in this release:
☆ Story mode
The game now has two separate gameplay modes. In free (sandbox) mode you can play with a custom girlfriend for unlimited amount of days. There is no final goal to achieve.
In story mode, you have 7 days to attempt winning heart of one of NPC girls. You will also have to study in school (minimum 50 points to pass) and pay weekly rent for apartment room. Failing to do either will result in game over (on Sunday). On day 8, if you reached score 150 or above with any girl, you’ll have a confession scene with that girl on school rooftop.
Every NPC girl in story mode has different requirements (depending on her interests), so you’ll have to work on different skills during walkthrough depending on what girl you decide to pursue. When you start a new story mode game, you’ll have to complete a survey during a train ride. Answers you choose will affect initial distribution of skills, so choosing correct answers can help you to approach certain girls faster.
In total, there are seven possible endings, and seven prizes to unlock. Prizes can be viewed from the main menu, and will be added to your inventory when you start a new (story mode) game.
NPC girls available for asking out:
- Ririka (School map, on Sunday in school library)
- Anette (School map, on Sunday in Summer Town)
- Kyoko (School map, on Sunday in Akihabara)
- Laika (School map)
- Yuki (Jinja map)
- Elke (Akihabara map)
Pillow can be bought in Akihabara. Putting it in hand slot activates pillow dating mode (unless you are dating somebody else already).
☆ New drinks
- shiruko (azuki soup)
- strawberry milk
- apple juice
Sold in red vending machines with drinks.
☆ Food preferences and requests
Each girl available in story mode has her food preferences grouped around several specific tastes. This information is shown in her status window.
During dating scenes (both in story mode and sandbox mode), girlfriend now will ask if you remember her food preferences:
- ice cream
In story mode, instead of asking for specific food, girlfriend now will request either drink, ice cream, or dish/snack. You should get some food according to her preferences. E.g., if a girl likes everything with matcha, you should give her matcha tea (if she asks for a drink), or matcha ice cream (if she asks for ice cream). This way you can get additional score while dating that girl.
In sandbox mode, girlfriend will ask for specific food until her score is below 100. After that, she will ask for some food, ice cream, or drink, without specifying what exactly she wants. By that time, you should remember her preferences and give her what she likes.
If girlfriend ask for non-specific food (anything else apart from drinks and ice cream), she will complain if you give her the same food you gave her earlier (she will remember up to five items). You should try to give different food every time to get additional score points. This affects both story mode and sandbox mode.
Pillow doesn’t have food preferences, so food-related questions will not appear in pillow dating mode.
☆ Save slots
Now there are two separate save/load slots with small preview screenshots. These can be useful for playing story mode and free mode without losing progress in either.
☆ Other additions and improvements
- In school and Akihabara maps, music from cafe now can be heard everywhere across map.
- Kissing mood is activated only if your total score is above 100 (for pillow there is no limit).
- Fixed a bug that allowed to go through walls using bicycle.
- Summer Town baseball cap (can be bought in the Summer Town map), brown casquette (convenience store).
- One new hairstyle (messy hair).
- Akihabara t-shirt (can be obtained as one of random prizes in the water gun mini-game).
- Deck chairs in the Summer Town now can be used to sit on.
- Fixed a minor issue with shadows missing on some plants.
- Fixed a minor issue with dark color for dandelion flowers.
- If you don’t have a computer and girlfriend sits at desk in your apartment room, she will play a game on her smartphone instead.
- More inventory items now can be viewed in 3D mode: all hats and head accessories, glasses, bracelets, computers, backpacks, pillows, umbrellas, swim rings, and several other items that can be placed into “hand” slot.
- More accurate queuing for dialogues during dating scenes.
- More user interface texts are translated.