As of today I have spent over a year developing Shoujo City 3D, releasing the first alpha build previews to everybody for free. Continuous development of the game and implementation of all planned features and content requires years of daily full time work. Which means only one thing: either I find a way for this project to earn money so I can work on it full-time, or it begins to die. If it doesn’t get any money, then I can work on it only a few odd hours a week as a hobby – and then it forever will stay in the current small demo stage without any major locations and features ever implemented.
If you like how this project develops thus far and want to see it growing to its full potential in the future, please consider donating to this game through Patreon.
If you want to know what exactly you will be paying for, please check the development roadmap for planned game features and content below.
- Shinto Complex location – third game location. Will contain new dating spots, food and souvenir stalls, as well as several area-specific activities, like drawing omikuji, getting Shinto miko clothes, and feeding carps in a pond. Also it will be a central spot for Hatsumode (celebrating New Year) dating event.
- Ocean Beach – fourth game location. In the beach area you will be able to buy swimsuits and swimming accessories, swim in the ocean, collect seashells, eat special summer snacks in the sea cafe.
- Tanabata Event – planned for July 2018. The event will include special clothes, fireworks, firefly catching event.
- Girlfriend’s personality – current implementation of “girlfriend” in the game lacks any distinct personality, which is to be fully designed and developed as yet. Personalities will be implemented through a set of various parameters ranging on a scale from 0% to 100% (e.g., calm-energetic), which will allow all girls to react differently on various events and interactions.
- New interactions with girlfriend (including holding hands).
2019 and beyond
- Akihabara area – this will be the largest game locaiton with accurate recreation of the central part of Akihabara, containing game and cosplay shops, arcades.
- Zoo location – for visiting with your girlfriend, taking photos of animals, dating, and participating in several area-specific events.
- Park location (including playground activities).
- School clubs and activities, including cosplay club, sports club, musical club, literature club. By joining various clubs, you and your girlfriend can participate in various events and activities, which will be unique for every club.
- NPCs with different behaviors to populate all game locations.
- Cosplay outfits.
- Story Mode – will contain specific relationship goals to achieve and game events different for every day.
This list is by no means complete, and contains only outlines of the main goals. If you want to see all of that being implemented in the game, and a lot more, please support Shoujo City on Patreon.
Update (January 8, 2018): the Patreon campaign wasn’t successful and was cancelled in December 2017. The development roadmap in this post, which was an integral part of the Patreon campaign, is outdated and no longer relevant.
To continue development and get funds for implementing planned features, in January 2018 the game was released on Steam Early Access.