Alpha 0.8.9 update of Shoujo City 3D is published on Steam, App Store, and Google Play.
This is a very small update, and it’s released mostly to fix a water gun operation issue. In the previous version it was impossible to aim accurately if you attempted to shoot and run at the same time. Now aiming remains stable while standing, walking, and running.
☆ GUI and gameplay changes
The skills mechanic is redesigned. Now all skills are assigned to your character (in the past it was planned to assign them to girlfriend).
There is a new status window for your character, appearing if you click on the status button in the in-game smartphone, showing your current skills and achievements.
There are three skills and two stats in your status window (more skills will be added in future updates).
- cooking skill is increased every time you cook any 100% food.
- music skill is increased by completing piano challenges.
- sports skill is increased by playing hide-and-seek and the water gun VR game.
All skills can also go down if you fail the respective activities. Right now skills don’t have any effect – it’s mostly a preparation step towards the final version of the game, where you’ll have to work on specific skills to increase compatibility with your girlfriend.
Girlfriend’s status window is moved from toolbar panel to the in-game smartphone, too, since it’s used during gameplay only occasionally, and there is no need to show it on screen all the time.
☆ Other additions and improvements
- When you approach squirrels, now they will attempt to run away.
- ATMs in several locations (used only for decoration).
- Fixed a minor issue with hair color not updating correctly after changing hair type during character creation.
- Fixed a small issue with arm positions while using the rocking horse.
All translations are updated according to the Shoujo City Wiki.